Nir is a writer/director whose work has featured at film, theater, and writing festivals around the world. He was a semi-finalist in the Academy Nicholl Fellowship, a Final Draft’s Big Break top 5 finalist, an Austin Film Festival finalist, a Page Award winner (and two-time finalist), a Nashville Film Festival semi-finalist, a Monte Miller Award winner (finalist in two consecutive years) and many more.
After growing up on ships, traveling around the world, Nir settled in Australia. He graduated from film school at UTS in Sydney with a bachelor’s degree in media and communications specialising in film, cultural studies, and production.
Over the years, Nir has worked with some of the most experienced directors, actors, and producers in the industry. He learned from their decisions and saw first hand what did and didn’t work on such productions as The Great Gatsby, The Wolverine, The Water Diviner, Gods of Egypt, Top of the Lake, Peter Rabbit 2, and many more. Nir has also worked in the development and acquisitions department at StudioCanal as a script reader/story analyst, and he’s edited scripts for countless producers.
Nir has written feature scripts, television pilots, short scripts, and web-series. He’s directed commercials, short films, corporate videos, stage plays, web-series, moved readings, and he’s collaborated with artists on video pieces. Over the years, he has been offered option deals, development funding, and has had official script requests from Universal and Paramount Pictures. He also sold the broadcast rights to the Latin American territories for a digital series he directed and co-wrote. A short film he wrote and directed qualified for the Academy Awards (in 2020), and to date, his projects have accumulated over 130 selections, nominations, and awards.
Significant awards, nominations, and selections:
- Semi-Finalist in the Academy Nicholl Fellowship 2019 – Call Out
- Finalist in the Austin Film Festival short screenplay contest 2017 – Twelfth Round
- Winner the Page Awards short script category 2019 – Home
- Finalist in the Page Awards action feature category 2019 – Call Out
- Finalist (top 5) in Final Draft’s Big Break action feature category 2019 – Call Out
- Second Round in the Sundance Screenwriting Lab 2020 – Call Out
- Winner AWG Monte Miller Award Short script category 2018 – Home
- Finalist in the AWG Monte Miller Award Short script category 2017 – Spies Girls
- Second round finalist in the Austin Film Festival TV screenplay contest 2016 – Tough House
- Second round finalist in the Austin Film Festival TV screenplay contest 2018 – Spies Girls
- Quarter-Finalist in the Page Awards one-hour pilot script competition 2019 – Under Act
- Quarter-Finalist in the Page Awards short script competition 2017 – Twelfth Roun
- Quarter-Finalist in Final Draft’s Big Break script competition 2016 – Rating High
- Finalist in the 61st CINE Golden Eagle Awards 2018 – God’s 17
- Semi-finalist in the Screencraft short screenplay contest 2018 – Home
- Semi-finalist in the Screencraft short screenplay contest 2017 – Twelfth Round
- Finalist in the Shore Scripts fund competition 2018 – Home
- Quarter-Finalist in the Shore Scripts competition 2016 – Twelfth Round
- Screening in competition at Austin Film Festival 2019 – Twelfth Round
- Winner best short narrative at PAFF in LA 2018 – Twelfth Round
- Winner best screenwriting web Fuengirola Film Fest 2017 – God’s 17
- Winner best screenwriting Seoul Web Fest 2017 – God’s 17
- Winner Grand Prize Emerging Screenwriters – Shoot Your Short 2015 – Home
- Semi-finalist in the Nashville Film Festival screenwriting contest 2018 – Spies Girls
- Semi-finalist in the Nashville Film Festival screenwriting contest 2017 – Twelfth Round
- Official selection in the Roma Web Fest 2017 – God’s 17
- Official selection in Die Seriale 2018 – God’s 17